Friday, July 27, 2007

I will miss you.... kisses

Okay so this picture was taken at like 4am so I don't really mind the blurriness, because quite frankly that was my state of mind. I just wanted to show you my last apron for the next couple weeks while I'm gone. This is the "Retro Apron" by Carol Bla Bla Oates. I did an XL so it would fit similar to the 40's apron. The roll of paper I have at my house works great - it just has to be ironed (see Rachel for details). Only thing to keep in mind - is the neck is a little large. Measure and pin it before you sew and sew your bias tape or rickrack after you finish the neck. It doesn't explain this very clearly in the directions. Thanks to Rachel also for suggesting the detail on the pocket, it's a teapot inspired by Christie's "a". I have nothing really clever to say. I feel a little hung over, so I will just say I love ya girls and keep on sewing.

6 comments:

Christie said...

Maren you will be SO missed. The apron turned out fabulous!! I love it! Have a great time on your vacation. We'll be thinking about ya!

Jill Manning said...

I love it! I love the fabric! I love the flounce! I love the drunken blurriness of the picture! You will be sooooo missed and we will be waiting in anticipation (while wearing our aprons) for your return! Maybe we will each wear one of your aprons just to make it feel like you are there with us! Travel safe!

knicksgrl0917 said...

hey! i'm going to cali this weekend and won't be back until september...here is the website i was talking about where i made extra summer cash. Later! the website is here

Christie said...

Ok, I set our commenting to authors only, that way we don't get spam comments like the one above (unless someone knows that person). The website just goes to some random website. Anyway, if anyone would like to let anyone comment, just let me know and I'll change it back!

The Blakes said...

Can't wait to make this apron! The embellishment looks great! I know you've only been gone a day, but I miss you already!

Jill Manning said...

I'm okay if only authors are allowed to comment, I have no idea how the spam comment got on here, I was so confused when I read it! Get thee hence Spam Mail, unless you have a palethera of apron patterns to give us, we don't want any!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons