Friday, July 27, 2007

Secret Stitchers Forever

Warning: Cheese ahead!
I was searching for the 40's apron pattern that belongs to Maren's sis-in-law because I think it's one of our favorites and certainly the most functional. I saw these pictures of The Apron Girls and thought they were so cute. Hopefully 20 years from now we'll still all be friends and will still be taking pics of our aprons together--Maren blowing kisses at the camera and Jill wearing her latest and greatest fabric choices and Rachel displaying her perfect and patient new stitch and Jen so excited to finish another apron and me...giggling because being in front of the camera makes me oh so shy. Should I break out in song? "Secret Stitchers we are and stitchers we'll ever be, we'ere we go, wherever we may be...stitching friends we'll always be throughout eternity..." Okay, I sincerely apologize for the cheesiness.


3 comments:

Maren said...

you are so cute. I hope we are still together years from now. Okay, but on a serious note - those ladies have sucky patterns and even worse material choices. yuck!

Christie said...

I agree. We will have to remember 20 years from now to avoid ugly patterns and boring, frumpy fabric. Maybe by that time our daughters will join the Secret Stitch Club and keep us hip! Awww...that makes my heart happy, imagining Myla part of the SSC. Who knows? Maybe by that time she and Ty will have hooked up and their children will have Grandma Blake's and Grandma McMillan's heirloom aprons to look forward to. Ok, I think I'm getting a little carried away now...

Jill Manning said...

I have seen pictures before and they crack me up because holy cow, I think when we tell people we like aprons they picture these ladies in their heads and that is why they laugh at us! I have to think that we will be the hipper, cooler version of these ladies because they frighten me, to be honest!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons