Wednesday, July 11, 2007

A Whole New World!

Today I took the kids to the library to check out some books for them and some books for me on digital photography. I wondered if they had any books on aprons and they had two! A whole new world of aprons has been opened to me! The first book The Apron Book: Making, Wearing, and Sharing a Bit of Cloth and Comfort by EllynAnne Geisel is awesome! It gives a brief history of apron, apron making and the women who wore them. It also gives directions on how to make several aprons. It has pictures and all kinds of fun stuff! You will love this book.


The second Aprons: Icons of the American Home by Joyce Cheney has a lot of great pictures and more detailed descriptions of aprons from different eras. You will love this one too.




I will bring them tomorrow to apron night and you can check them out. I have so many new ideas now on where we can take the apron club. I was thinking maybe we could do theme months. One of us could decide the theme for the month, like making original pockets, using different embellishments, maybe color of aprons, style of aprons, holiday themes, fabric of apron...you'll see what I mean when you see the books. There are so many ways we can make aprons!!

3 comments:

Jill Manning said...

Oh my gosh, our little club is expanding to such great lengths! I love the idea of a theme. There is a apron blog that I check up on occasionally and they do themes, and people get so stinkin creative. Last month was pockets, the month before that was ric-rac! I love this idea, I can't wait to see the books!

Maren said...

The books looks like a lot of fun. I can't wait to see the books. You are so fun to look up books at the library on aprons.

Jill Manning said...

I love the quote that you added to the sidebar...that is so appropriate. Great choice Christie!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons