Wednesday, August 22, 2007

All Country!


Here is the final product of an apron that I started about a month ago, and the wait was so worth it! I love this one, it has the practicality of the 40's apron but a little bit more pizazz. I took the pattern from the "The Apron Book" that Christie checked out at the library and I actually had to make my own bias tape...not as difficult to do. Actually, Mare brought over a Martha Stewart Living Magazine a loooong time ago and it had an article in it about making bias tape and it proved very fruitful, along with a handy tool that I found at Joanns! The fabric is total control but that is exactly what I wanted, I love the raspberries and the polka dots! If anyone needs the pattern, I have it all cut out and ready to be used! See you all tomorrow, can't wait to be reunited with everyone again!
P.S. I just got Chelsea-fied today and so my hair does not look this cute all the time, she is just a total hair goddess!

3 comments:

Christie said...

I can't wait to see it in person!! It looks adorable! Again, so glad to have you back Jill. I think you will have to hold a seminar entitled "How to Make Your Own Bias Tape." I love that it matches.

The McMillans said...

Um...without words, I am in love with this pattern. In absolute love with. I am a huge fan of the lines in the 4o's. Your hair matches the sparkle in your eyes!

The Blakes said...

You are the conquerer. I thought pleats would be the death of me, but home made bias tape is down right hellish! Congrats on another darling finished product!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons