Monday, August 13, 2007

Harry Potter and sewing machines!



So I have just finished the last installment of the Harry Potter books and while I am glad that I will never have to wait in anticipation for another book (the wait is agonizing), I am thrilled that the series isn't really over for me because I can still reunite with our young British wizards when they release that last few movies. But I had noticed a reoccuring theme throughout this book and it is that the wand chooses the wizard. Those two become one with each other, the wand almost knows what to do before the wizard even casts the spell. Well, my family all chipped in and gave me a Joanns gift certificate to get a sewing machine of my own for my Graduation present (I should be graduating more often;)). So tonight for FHE Ty and I went to Joanns to check out their sewing machines and I felt like I was trying out each machine like Harry did when he first arrived at Draigon Alley and had to find the wand that was right for him. I was waiting for a machine to pick me and bond with my soul! I was struggling, there wasn't that bond with any of the machines (probably because I was looking at the low end machines, at least this is what the sales lady felt compelled to remind me about every five minutes). And than I found out why, the sewing machine section at Joanns does not take Joanns gift certificates. Well, I'll be damned, who knew that that particular little section in the middle of the store was not part of Joanns but a company leasing out space to sell machines. So there I was possibly feet away from my wand, and I couldn't get it. Needless to say, I was a little irritated (okay alot irritated) and I spoke to the manager (much like I did with the Charleston guy) and they are going to try to help me out. I can't wait to have that machine and see what kind of magic and power it conceals, what kind of treasure we, together as one, can create and share! It is only a matter of time, I know it, I can feel it!

5 comments:

Christie said...

Oh Jill...how disappointing!! I'm so sad for you! I really hope the Joann's manager works it out for you. That's ridiculous...I don't get it! How nice of your family to get you a gift certificate though! Hopefully it works out!

Maren said...

Yeah. I don't like the sales people in that area. We need to check out some sewing machine shops. Although I think I might have found my wand - online.

The Blakes said...

Joann's has some customer services issues to work out in several areas of their store! I can't wait for you to get a machine of your own! How fun!

The McMillans said...

There is nothing more irritating to me than Bureaucratic red tape! Finding the right machine can be hard sometimes, and each person has their own like when it comes to handling and tensions and feet...etc. I have a Pfaff and I absolutely love the IDT technology, try one out if they have one at Joann's. Machines are like cars, each person enjoys a different feel. You may not like the feel of it..it's a very strong machine with different speed options, as well as a quiet motor. I fell in love with the special features it offers at one of my jobs, and actually found one at a dealer who cut me a great deal, don't be afraid to ask when they have sales, or if they can sell it to you for less. Then you could use that Joann's gift card for a 3 year supply of fabric. (that is like my dream, I will try not to envy you.)

nonsie said...

omg, I have the exact same sewing machine as the one posted a picture of. By any chance do you know which Singer model is it? I've spent hours trying to figure it out - mine is in Europe while I'm in the states and I can't for the life of me figure out which model it is and how much it weighs:(

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons