Tuesday, August 21, 2007

It's Reversible!!

I finished my first reversible apron today. I made a Thomas apron for Cade. It's a tad too big, but he'll grow into, right? That way he can keep it around longer. I had to bribe him with some candy in the pocket to wear it and let me take a picture of him in it.

At first he wasn't amused.
But then he really started getting into it! I did not tell him to start posing like this. He just did. It was so funny.
Thomas pocket on the boring red reversible side of the apron.
I have to say that I'm glad that I practiced on Cade's apron. I am making a couple of reversible aprons for a friend of mine and I was able to figure it out with Cade's apron (and Aubrey's instructions!). I forgot to sew the ties in, so I had to pick it out and do it over. Then, the fabric I had chosen was a stretchy fabric (on the clearance rack at Walmart) and I melted the fabric when I ironed it. Luckily I was able to sew that inward. By the way, apparently the ghetto Walmart on Main is closing out all of it's fabric. Christmas/Halloween fabric is $2/yard and the rest of the fabric is 25% off. I got the Thomas stuff there on total clearance too. So those of you who are doing aprons for Christmas gifts, head on over to Walmart and check out their fabric while it's cheap.

3 comments:

Maren said...

very cute!! Way to figure out the reversible thing. i am so proud of you!

The Blakes said...

I love it! I may give it a try myself! Way to be a trailblazer with the reversible stuff.

The McMillans said...

YOU ROCK!!!! Did my directions make any sense? It was like 3 in the morning when I wrote them, and well, lets just say that me and sleep deprivation are not friends. I can't wait to tell everyone about my adventures with a toddler...I didn't think to offer candy. I learn so much from you!!! "Aiden, do you want some rice crispy treats?"

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons