Friday, August 3, 2007

Polka dots and Pink

I finished another apron! This is my most favorite one so far. Not only is it functional, but I like the fabric too! This will be one I wear all the time. I spent all afternoon sewing it. I spent the time while the kids were napping getting most of it done. Below are some of the most unflattering pictures of me I have ever seen, and I was so tempted not to even post them, but I wanted to show the initials I put on the pockets.
C for Christie (or Cook).
M for McMillan or Mommy (or Maid).
I have to say that the wider bias tape worked so much better. I used the 1/2 " double bias tape. I didn't have any problems with it this time. However, I do need to figure out how to sew better around curves. My curves end up rather boxy...so if you have any tips please share!


4 comments:

Jill Manning said...

I absolutely love the fabric combo on this apron! And the initials are a nice touch too. You are amazing with how you took a pattern and really added your own personal touches to it. This is just another reason for why you are the President, you are inspiring!

Maren said...

I love the apron Christie and just think of a matching headband... too much fun!

The Blakes said...

Sooooooooooooooooo cute!

The McMillans said...

I am all fuzzy inside knowing that our aprons coordinate, now we have to get together some time soon for sure!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons