Tuesday, August 7, 2007

A really sweet gift!



Yesterday I received this fabulous apron made by my sister in law Christie, who happens to be one of my favorite people, and one of my dearest friends. The black and white polka dots combined with a monotone pink on pink stripe is a great combination, not to mention the great detailing, and letter "a" on the side for Aubrey. This was such a wonderful surprise...and something I had hoped she would do...make an apron for me, so that I too could relish in the excitement that only the secret stitch and women life June Cleaver, and Mrs. Brady experience when heading to the demands of the domestic house wife, in a time where t shirts and sports bras are becoming the norm for women's attire. I opened the box, found the apron and proceeded to wear it while finishing laundry, tidying up the bathrooms, taking out the trash, and preparing dinner. All while listening to Ella Fitzgerald and Nina Simone. When I hung up my Apron after finishing my daily routine and tucked the kids in bed, I realized that the apron had in fact made things seem less demanding. That maybe inside this very practical girl is a feminine goddess ready to take on the challenge of making my first Apron and then being initiated into the secret stitch...really, I think you all have found what I and so many women are missing...a change from the mundane, a uniform for a very important job, that is all too often over looked.

Cheers! Thank you!
You aprons bring joy to you, and whoever you bless them with.
Aubrey

5 comments:

Jill Manning said...

Oh my gosh, I love the apron so much and I loved your entry even more! It is great to have you here!

Christie said...

I'm so glad you like the apron! Sorry the ties are so long...I think I messed up on those somehow. I can't wait to see what you create!

Maren said...

Hey where does Aubrey live? My mom & sister want to start an apron night. We might have the beginnings of a beautiful new group.

The Blakes said...

I hope the aprons I plan on giving away get the same glowing reaction that yours did, Christie! This whole apron phenomena has turned into a beautiful thing!

Christie said...

Aubrey lives in West Jordan.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons