Monday, October 15, 2007

A One Bra Woman

I know this may not be an apron or sewing topic but I have to share my excitement with you, and it didn't seem quite appropriate on my family blog. So guess what everyone? I am a one bra woman!! In case you didn't know (and really, why would you?) I have had to wear two bras everyday for the past two years. Pathetic. The girls are very hard to support. And it's not like I haven't purchased other bras or haven't been to every "full figure lingerie" shop in the valley. I have had no luck! They don't give full coverage, so you get the 4-boob look. Or they are so pointy I feel like I should be a back-up dancer for Madonna. Or the lingerie shop worker doesn't really have your true size, so she gives you a size where the band is so loose it rides up into your shoulders...but hey, the cup fit so why are you complaining? So I've been wearing two nursing bras. Until Saturday. In the mail was my last hope for me to go monobraful. I ordered a Goddess bra from this website. I followed their sizing instructions carefully and with crossed fingers ordered the size they said I was. I only had to wait two days for my order to come in a discreetly marked package (like I care if the mail man knows that I ordered a bra). I ran upstairs, tore the package open, and put on my bra. It. Fit. Beautifully. Yea!

So this is all probably way more information than you all wanted to know about me. I feel like I should start a support group for women who have a difficult time finding bras that really support...it was quite the hunt to find one that worked. Thank you for listening. I promise I will never talk about my underwear again. :)

9 comments:

The McMillans said...

Hey you! that is such great news! I did not know, and was not aware that is was so hard for you, that you were wearing two bras!!! I am happy for you to find something. Lord knows we have been programmed to think that only one kind of beauty works...I think you are gorgeous, and finding something as gorgeous as you for underwear is hard to find...but you found it! YEAH!

The McMillans said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jill Manning said...

Christie, if your struggle for finding a bra that fits is anything like my struggles finding jeans that are long enough that I am so so so so happy for you!! What a great day for your personal history (but like you would really want your posterity to know that you are a two-bra woman)! I know the exact elation that you are feeling and I am so glad that this has happened for you! YAHOO!!!! Here is a random thought, do you think there was a women in the crowd at the bra burning protest in the '60's who was hesitating about burning her bra because it fit perfectly and she looked so long and hard for a bra that fit the way that the one she was wearing did? Just food for though.

Maren said...

That bra burning episode didn't happen in the 60's - It actually happened in 1997 in Italy. I was a bra burning sister missionary. I feel your pain, but your boobs look great in the photo. You might want to keep your personal photos to a minimum - I have found that the scantily clad or well placed cookware make people nervous. just a thought.

Christie said...

You know, I briefly thought about taking a pic in my bra...but didn't want everyone to throw up upon bringing up the webpage. :) Yeah right, if anyone ever saw a picture of me in just my undies I think I would throw up!
Thank you for your kind remarks.

Anonymous said...

Christie!! I LOVE IT!!! I might have to look at that web site. It's sad, as young as I am I already have issues with bras that fit! Man i hate being developed!!!
Natalie

Jill Manning said...

I am dying to know what caused the post with the strategically placed cookware to be eliminated?

The Blakes said...

Praise be to a bra that fits correctly. None of mine fit properly since having Ty, yet I haven't done a thing about it. I think you've inspired me!

Anonymous said...

hi, where did you get thhis bra? it looks support and comfortable.
i clicked the link, and it didn't take me anywhere. I have a big problem with bra, i need big cup and my waist is so skinny :")

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons