Tuesday, October 2, 2007

they just don't get it...

Well, this is my latest & greatest. I decided to make it Saturday night & had it finished by Sunday afternoon. This was a birthday gift for my sister-in-law, Ashley (who dubbed us 'Apron Dorks'). My husband was like, do you really think she wants an apron for her birthday? What?!! Are you kidding? Who wouldn't want an apron that coincidentally matches the curtains in her kitchen and comes with a matching memory board... that kind of coordination & custom madeness (not an actual word - only exists in the Maren's pretend dictionary) usually comes with a hefty price tag and here I can pull it off with a half priced coupon from Joann's. My point: Guys just don't understand, and I won't hold my breath - because I like my life & my sewing club way too much to wait around for guys to "get it".

5 comments:

The Blakes said...

It looks fabulous! Ash is lucky to have you to give her such fantastic, coordinating gifts. And I don't know that any of our husbands will ever get it.

The McMillans said...

I am actually glad that my husband doesn't get it. It seems to relieve me that he truly is a real man. If he finds a need for an Apron, well, that would, be...need for a counselor! I WEAR THE APRON IN THIS HOUSE>>>YOU WEAR THE PANTS! Right? I am with Maren, let's celebrate this very important difference between men and women. HE HE HE!

JC & Jen Young said...

Kay don't forget that you have another sis in law that definatly needs an apron, since she is quite the little house wife...

Jill Manning said...

AMEN!!! You remember that Fresh Smith song, "Parents just don't understand?" (I know you do?) We could make our own version and title it, "Husbands just don't understand!" We need to celebrate our differences more often and I am glad to start with aprons!

jon & kara said...

You girls are too cute! I miss the old ward with all you fun ladies! It makes me sad to think that if we stilled lived over there I could be part of the club. I'm really missing out. Although i don't think my aprons would get much use because jon does the cooking in the fam. Hope you're all doing great. Love Kara

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons