Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Just a thought...

Word is spreading like wildfire that the Runyan's are hosting a garage sale. My sis-in-law even sent me this cute announcement.
I know the holiday season is upon us and time is precious. But what if each of us made even just one apron to donate to the boutique? Even if someone paid $5 for mine (mine don't look as professional as most of yours!), I would feel like I gave something to Abby. I'm ransacking my house to find good, but outlived items to donate to the garage sale. Yet part of me wants to give something nice to the project too. We could have a "Sew for Joseph" night the first Thursday in December. Just a thought...

3 comments:

Maren said...

Rach,
You and I are of two minds. I was planning on making a few kids aprons to sale for $5 each. If you make an adult apron you should sale it at least for $10 - I know we are ametuers but it is for a good cause. Let's have the next couple Thursdays be our "Sew for Joseph Night" AND we've been talking about donating an apron to the apronista site. Deanna (aka Domestic Chicky) asked if there is anything she can do. We can have a drawing for people who donate money through paypal. I would be more than happy to construct the apron, but I need fabric donations from all of you. Bring whatever leftovers you have and we will make something that is really a part of us. You guys are the BEST!!!

angbrimwil said...

I love this idea! I don't have a whole lot to donate since I de-cluttered for the move but I love the idea of donating an apron for the cause! I have been dying to use our apron making skills for a good cause and this is perfect, thanks for being so wise and generous Rachel and Maren, I have alot to learn from you all!

angbrimwil said...

ps. this is Jill, I didn't realize that my sister was logged onto this computer!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons