Monday, November 12, 2007

Two Crazy Apronista's in Disneyland...

SO I wanted to share a little bit more about my trip & since my personal site is flooded with it already, You get to enjoy the overflow (I know your counting your lucky stars). You all probably know that Jen and I are related (we are technically cousin-in-laws) anyway since Jason wasn't going with us I had an extra bed in my room. I told Jen it was all hers free of charge & her mother-in-law offered to buy her a ticket into the park & give her a ride out there. Jen (the way too nice person that she is, thought more of bills & commitments she had made, then of her own personal "good time" - you can tell we are not blood related). Finally she gave into peer pressure and went. I am so glad because after about 7pm my in-laws took my kids & Jen & I had a Girls Night Out in the Park.
After watching Fantasmic which is fantastic (you can probably YouTube it, if you have no clue what I am talking about) we got a little zany & obsessed with finding all the hidden Mickeys in Fantasy Land. You can ask most cast members before you go on the ride and they will either 1. Be really excited for you to find it & describe it as best they can. 2. Do not tell you but give you the I-know-but-you-don't-know-smirk or 3. Look at you really confused and have no idea what you are talking about. So if you get a little crazy & want so extra fun/challenge here is what to look for on your next trip (hopefully with me) at the park.

1. The Blasted King Aurthur's Carousel - We rode this thing until we were ready to puke. The cast member thought we were freaks (not too far from the truth) and had no clue what we were talking about - I was telling Jen that Walt's wife had a favorite horse that had a gold tooth. We couldn't find the dang horse & after 5 times on the ride gave up and asked a in-charge looking cast member. She was intrigued and told us that horses are periodically rotated off but Walt's favorite horse "jingles" was currently on the ride. It supposedly had Mickey shaped rhinestones on his butt. It does, but it's not really obvious, you have to look really close.
2. Pinocchio's Daring Journey - We found one on the ship case at the end of the ride. The cast member told us where to look and it was so easy & fun.

3. On the Snow White ride - when you get on the ride at the beginning there is a hidden Mickey in the bushes in front of you.
4. Mr Toad's Wild Ride - You can actually see it when you are ready to board onto your car. In the stain glass on doors that open in is a hidden mickey just a shade lighter - left bottom corner.

5. Peter Pan's Flight - It's on the tower of London on the backside. He is actually looking out one of the tall windows at the top. We didn't actually see it. Even at closing (midnight) the line is still at least 20 minute wait. And we were one of the last groups let on. But we did make some cast member friends that were rooting us along in our quest.

If your interested in finding more you can check out this website: http://www.hiddenmickeys.org/

but take the suggestions with a grain of salt - some people are even crazier than we are. We met them on the way out of the park (and the above website is loaded with them). They were staring at the castle and one lady told us if you squint your eye hop on one foot and look at the second parapet to the right you can see the half shadow of a hidden mickey (okay so I exaggerated just a bit, but people do take it a little to the extreme)

And the last one I found while shopping on the last day! Let's hear it for Disney - listening to it's inner Apronista!

4 comments:

The McMillans said...

Disney really does think of everything!

Jill Manning said...

I have heard of the hidden Mickey's before, but I had totally forgotten about them. I would be obsessed with finding as many as possible too, almost as obsessed as finding Peter Pan and Tinkerbell (do they make appearances?). Before I die, I want to go to Disneyland with Maren!

The AZ McMillans said...

I'm very surprised you didn't get the Mickey apron. It sounds right up your alley!

I'm so glad you guys got some girly "adult" time. It looks like you had a blast!

Domestic Chicky said...

*sigh*

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons