Friday, December 21, 2007

santa's psycho elf made aprons this year...

I've made 3 aprons in the last 3 days. I have 2 more to make before Christmas....

This was for Mrs. Christopher - Paige's kindergarten teacher. This really turned out a lot cuter than the picture gives it credit. I also added just a touch of lace about the bottom.

This was for Mrs. Reynolds - the awesome TA in Paige's class. She has been volunteering for like 13 years. What a woman! It's the same fabric as Mrs. Christopher's, but has a pocket with ribbon.
This was my attempt at the "test" apron for Meg of Montessori by hand. This apron is a lot easier than it looks and is so cute! I made it one sided (it's so much cuter double sided), I cheated by using quilt binding instead of making my own bias tape - but the pattern should be released soon from Meg's ETSY & Pattern shops. You can see what it is supposed to look like here. You buy the pattern here or here, pretty soon.

These were all made from scraps in the last week or so. The horse one was for my nieces birthday and the rest were made for the Garage Sale for Joseph. Side note: The garage sale was a HUGE success. Abby said the aprons did really well & wants to thank us all for our time & efforts.


These are unfinished kids aprons I've started in the last 2 weeks - also made from scraps. They might get finished & appear in a newly created ETSY shop? I don't know I'm still toying with the idea of selling kids aprons (and maybe adult ones) - Since I don't have anything else to do with my time... ha, ha, ha. I'd love to see what everyone else is up to for Christmas projects, etc.

This is on my list for after the holidays:



Meg from Montessori by Hand made this Amy Butler Barcelona skirt in this great fabric!



Also a bag - Thanks Christie for the pattern & gift cert from Zoe's - those are the best kinds of birthday gifts... now if I can just find time to make it.

4 comments:

Jill Manning said...

Maren, you cease to amaze me! All the aprons are so stinkin adorable. I am in love with your Ms. Emmeline apron and the fabric you chose, it is perfect! And I can't get enough of that grean and brown paisley kid apron with the brown ribbon and bow, that is just too cute for words! Way to go with all your projects and I hope you get it all done in time for Christmas!

adam brown said...

look this is the "diet" i told you about you should really enter the site :) bye enter the site

Domestic Chicky said...

I love the Apron you did with Meg's pattern. I love all of them actually, but I am just head over heels in love with that fabric...have a great new year!!

Lois said...

These aprons are so cute! They almost make me want to learn how to sew.

Almost.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons