Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Diaper/Wipee Case

Since a lot of us are mommies, preggers or soon-to-be preggers I thought I'd post a fun project for all of us to do--if you are interested. The other day I babysat my nephews and neice and my sis-in-law brought this fun diaper/wipee case. It was small and cute! No diaper bag, just the necessities. I thought it was ingenious! Since I am getting into the "We don't need to take everything plus the kitchen sink when we leave the house" stage of parenting, I don't need the diaper bag anymore. In fact, I just bought my first purse since I've been a mom this past weekend. And instead of carrying around the diaper bag I've decided I want one of these diaper/wipee holders. So I started looking around online. My sister-in-law got hers here.

It is a locally based company full of cute stuff. I've gotten some apron ideas from their website. But after looking around I decided it would be fun to make my own! I found a free pattern here and am planning a trip to the fabric store to pick up some cute stuff. I could probably just use what I have laying around here, but I'll use any excuse to head to the fabric store.
Pics to be posted soon!

4 comments:

Domestic Chicky said...

Cute! I made a couple of those for friends, but the one I made for me I made with the opening on the wide side - made it easier for me to pack. I can't wait to see what you do!

The Blakes said...

I own that exact one! I knew I could make it cheaper, but caved in to my consumerism that day! It's such a simple design, I know it'd be a fun project!

the Picketts said...

i wish i could feel like i didnt have to take my entire home whenever i go out somewhere...i still dont understand how you can get away with just that little tiny purse!

Jill Manning said...

This is great! After I saw that you posted this, I was in Target and saw this same one but in different colors and even with it on clearance it was still 7 dollars...making it would still be way cheaper! I can't wait to try this pattern and have fabric that I am in love with!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons