Monday, February 11, 2008

What's lost is found!

Lost sometime during the holidays: sense of routine, healthy eating, reasonable bed time, motivation, ability to budget properly, creativity and possibly identity

Found recently: a few extra pounds, motivation to clean the house, ability to cook foods that don't come directly from the freezer, desire to finish sewing projects

This apron has been the easiest to make, but took me forever to complete! Though not fancy or frilly in the slightest, I love the simplicity and functionality of this apron. Pulling out my sewing machine last weekend felt like a long overdue reunion with my creative side. I also worked on my banner and cut out another apron. Maybe my mojo is finally coming back! Maybe my husband will come home at reasonable hours so I can partake in the sweetness of apron night! Maybe I'll remember to make time for myself...even when life gets harried! Maybe...maybe next week. Trent and I have our anniversary date Wednesday, so I'll see you next week!


6 comments:

Domestic Chicky said...

You look so cute! I sympathize with the whole mojo thing...mine regularly disappears for weeks at a time. Sometimes I feel like I have to force it to reappear-lol.

The AZ McMillans said...

It's good to have you back!! I love the apron and the reversibleness of it.

Jill Manning said...

Thank you for being so brave to admit that your creative mojo had disappeared. Mine has been gone for a good while now and I was ashamed to admit it because the former president of the secret stitch club does not lose her creative mojo...its unheard of. I'm glad I'm not the only one that this happens to. I absolutely love the polka dots!!!!

The McMillans said...

Testify sister! You are so so cute!

Maren said...

I love the apron. Sometimes our most favorite are not the ones we wished to be seen in public in... (what? you wear your in public?) I love the first one I made out of cherries. It's not the best done, infact it is the most flawed - but it is the most functional and the black hides a lot.

Tommy said...

Nice apron! It's great to see women donning the apron again.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons