Thursday, March 20, 2008

done at last - the trilogy is over!

These skirts I made over a 6 month period. I started the smallest one (Jordyn's) back in October. I really had no clue what I was doing. It was before my Serger & Bernette days - and I can see from looking at it now how far I have come. The second one I made for the biggest one (Sadie's) I made in December after I had my new machines. You can tell it is made better and a lot more durable. Then the third one (Paige's) I finished just last week. I am glad to be done. It is the best quality of the three and will need the least amount of repair. My sister-in-law already handed me back the 1st one and told me there are a few holes in need of attention. They are cute and I don't regret making them, but are glad for the experience it provided me.

2 comments:

The McMillans said...

That is really the most important thing. To learn as you go and keep getting better. I always find that in a project I always redo the first one, because you learn as you go on the pattern etc. They are so cute Maren, great job!

Christie said...

I love them all! I'm so proud of you...trying new things. I've gotta say, the serger does make all the difference.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons