Saturday, March 22, 2008

Made in Lemon

I finished the cutest little sundress for my daughter just in time for our family Easter party. I have to say that it is very fulfilling to make clothes for my kids! The lemon fabric is perfect for this pattern. The dress knots at the shoulders and has a sweet little ruffle at the bottom. I made a head scarf to match and added some ric rac to the ruffle and head scarf. It was super comfy and super easy. Maren and I made it in about 20 minutes together--both of us at the serger and sewing machine. It was so easy and the inside of the dress looks professional! Maren has converted me to sergerville.

Front view
Back view
Hi Mom!
All clean things must come to an end. :)

8 comments:

Maren said...

I love it!! She ended up in the dirt. That is almost too perfect for words.

The McMillans said...

Gasp!!!

Christie, you are quite the seamstress and quite the photographer. I remember talking to you months, or maybe even years ago about how much you aspired to be good at both things. I dare say you are more than good, you are fantastic. I love that you are making the most of your life, and fulfilling your dreams.

I am so glad that you made that dress for Myla, and I agree with Maren. If she sat prim and proper and didn't climb into the dirt, it would just not be right.

The McMillans said...

Oh!

And Maren, I love an overlock machine myself...in fact, I may set Cade up to snatch that along with your fabulous taste in fabric, next time he's at preschool.

the Picketts said...

SO CUTE on her Christie! I love that little dress! and it really doesnt look too big on her!! good job, you & maren -R- my sewing idols! One day i will learn.

Louise said...

This is so cute! I love the matching headscarf!

Jill Manning said...

Christie...way to go, that dress is too adorable!!! I love the tie straps and the little ruffle at the bottom!

Stacey said...

Oh my gosh!!! I love it!! She looks darling. She also looked darling at church yesterday in the easter one. You are amazing.

Rick Rack Attack said...

What a lovely little model you have there! My kids always end up in the dirt & mud too. Here is what they looked like at the family reunion: http://anapronaday.blogspot.com/2008/03/vintage-clothespin-apron.html

Stop on by some time. I'll fix you glass of iced tea & you can put your feet up.

Confessions of an Apron Queen: http://anapronaday.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons