Sunday, March 9, 2008

My Latest Creation

I finally used the pattern my MIL sent me, the Church Lady apron. I think I say this every time I finish an apron, but this is my new favorite! I bought this fabric in the fall to make this apron for my sister's birthday (which was last month). I started sewing Friday night at 8 and finished around midnight.

As much as I love the look, I think I want to change the neck strap in the future. Those of you who have used this pattern, did you struggle with the neck strap? Also, I think the pockets may be too low. I'd love some feedback because I'm going to use this pattern again for some mother's day projects. Please give me your constructive criticism, I need the help!

Trent came up with the idea of adding trim to the top of the pockets and I love it! The pockets are kind of weird anyway. Overall, it was so much fun to zone out and sew for hours on end and I really like the finished product.

p.s. Please don't think I'm vain when I post these pictures on my other blog - my MIL doesn't check this one and I need to show it off for her. :)

5 comments:

Jill Manning said...

Oh my goodness, that one turned out adorable! I did it a while back as well and I don't remember having issues with the neck strap but i do remember wanting to burn the pockets. They didn't make sense to me but I figure it out the best I could and I did raise them up a bit because they were really low! I think that is a great apron to use as gifts...especially with it being two sided! Good job Rachel and I am glad that you had a few hours given to you to just zone out and sew your brains out! What fun!

The McMillans said...

Rachel, every time you post a picture of yourself I cannot help but notice how beautiful you are. I love the Apron very much. I have never done this pattern so I don't know how the shoulder straps work. From what I see it's an invisible seam? The trick to those is using a needle or pin to pull out the edges.

Anyway, I love the creation, and think you are magnificent.

Maren said...

I agree with scrapping the neck completely and going with ties. The neck is so strange and the pockets are not only difficult, but they are too low. I think you should have Trent put it on and pin the pockets in place so you can get the right angle & look. That pattern is cute - but not user friendly.

Maren said...

I agree with scrapping the neck completely and going with ties. The neck is so strange and the pockets are not only difficult, but they are too low. I think you should have Trent put it on and pin the pockets in place so you can get the right angle & look. That pattern is cute - but not user friendly.

Christie said...

I love it! And I agree, you look beautiful.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons