Sunday, April 20, 2008

pretty purple polka-dots

Can one pattern be used too many times? I'm not sure... This is the 3rd dress I've made from this pattern and Christie made the lemon sundress, and I don't think she is finished with it. I think we've definitely got our money's worth out of it. I bought this fabric at Joann's for just a couple dollars a yard last month or so. I knew what I wanted to do with it - but only now realized it. Thanks to a long "boring" Saturday, Paige & Olivia now have matching dresses which they wore to church today. It was so worth making an extra one to see Olivia prance infront of the mirror twirling and smiling at her cute self. Abby will have to post a picture of Olivia wearing her matching dress. The ric rack and eyelet lace change the entire look of the dress. I did it for length but, I am really pleased with how they turned out. Just don't look too closely.



Since Olivia's hair is short I opted to make matching headbands as well. This is the Heather Bailey pattern. You can get it here. It is super easy to make. I made them the child's size - but they also have baby & adult sizes.

3 comments:

Jill Manning said...

With Paige's new bangs, she totally looks like a Disney Princess...she looks adorable! And that dress is just too cute, good thinking with the lace at teh bottom,that just makes it look that much more sweet! Great Job Maren, I jsut can't get over how quickly you whip up these sewing projects!

The AZ McMillans said...

Those two girls looked adorable at church yesterday! You did a great job on the dresses. I really like the extra touches you put on them. They do change the look of the dress. I don't think you can use that pattern too many times seeing as though you can add things to it to make each dress different. And they are so stinkin' comfy! I want an adult version of it. Hmmmm.

The McMillans said...

Speechless.

Okay, since that will never happen in anyone's lifetime, I will go on and on about how cute Paige is. She is so cute. I love that you are making clothes for your kids!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons