Thursday, May 1, 2008

Why stop at just ric-rac?

I was the lucky recipient of this! Can you say JACKPOT! Maren's mom, Molly, decided to show off not only her sewing skills, but her needlework as well. And, I got matching potholders. When the UPS guy showed up on my doorstep, I pretty much grabbed the box out of his hands and ripped it open. I knew it would be great, but this is awesome! It was also kind of fun to look at the interfacing on the back side, the step I usually skip when making aprons. I thought to myself, "so this is how is supposed to be done." I'm taking notes from a master apronista!
It reminds me of some of the aprons my grandma's wore when I was little. The embroidery just makes it all the more vintage and the daisies are so cute! I can't wait to bake while sporting this apron. This apron is priceless!

Thank you, Molly!

4 comments:

Jill Manning said...

Molly, that is a work of art! You did an awesome job!

Christie said...

That is a beautiful apron! Wow, I'm speechless. I would be afraid to cook in it...I'd probably get it dirty (gasp!).

Maren said...

Hey Momma, remember we are related. What do I have to do to get your gorgeous handywork? Mom that is AMAZING!! I need to take it up a notch. wow.

The McMillans said...

MOLLY! I LOVE YOU! What a wonderful apron and a wonderful job you did!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons