Friday, June 6, 2008

easy peasy cheesy capes

These capes were made from old t-shirts. We went to the movies & after coming home my kids were still reliving the movie - so to make up for a years worth of neglect I spent a couple hours constructing these easy capes. The best part is that there are no ties. I kept the neckline of the t-shirt so they can slip it on or off whenever they want.


So Here's what I did:

Step 1. Cut off sleeves at the arm pits.


Step 2. Cut off the front of the shirt.


Step 3. Serge the sides or fold for a clean hem & sew.


Step 4. Do not cut through the neck of the shirt unless you want to make ties.


Step 5. Use remnants of other t-shirts to make a letter for the back of the cape, zigzag stitch it on.


Step 6; You can use the discarded sleeves to make a mask. Just use a fabric pen to trace around the child's eye and cut (after removing it from child - might be safer)


3 comments:

Jill Manning said...

What a cute idea! Maren, you are amazing and come up with the greatest ideas!

Jessica said...

i might chop up some of my dad's old tees tomorrow as we are visiting for two weeks and i know the boys will become bored at some point.

Sheri said...

I love this idea! I'm definitely going to try this for my boys!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons