Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I knew this would happen...

I know it's either feast or famine when I post. Sorry if I come across as a fair weather seamstress, but hey, I do what I can. I also knew this would happen...I'm finally into my groove, staying at home with Ty, crafting, I have a cleaning schedule down, and a million and one projects started (or brewing in my head) and now that things seem to be going like clockwork...I have to go back to work on Tuesday. Aargh!

I thought I'd post my recent projects/project beginnings, and I'll post complete projects when I'm done! I finished the Emmaline Monday, and I love it! The aprons I love the most always have a recipient other than me...too bad, I am so tempted to keep this one.

If I had anyone else to model it, I would employed them. The prego belly just doesn't enhance the cuteness of this apron!
The other apron that is nearly finished is STILL awaiting the proper bias tape from JoAnns.
I hate waiting.

For me, half the battle of starting any sewing projects is the cutting. This morning I cut up Trent's old denim and some quilting fabric for his Christmas present. He asked me to make him a denim quilt a year ago, and I'm finally getting started. I love the quilt square cutting blocks, they make the process so much faster. I've got to get a move on with this project if I want to finish by Christmas...which means before the baby comes.

I don't have any plans of slowing down on my projects this time...except for the John Mayer concert tonight, brunch with the neighbor girls tomorrow, hair appt with Chelsea on Friday, Breaking Dawn on Saturday, church on Sunday, then back to work next week.

The fun just never ends...

HAPPY CRAFTING!

6 comments:

Maren said...

I love the Emmeline. It turned out adorable. I also know what you mean about the prego belly. It just doesn't look right. Most of my aprons ride right under my overflowing bosom - which might make men drool but it makes me want to gag. Just 7 more weeks. Way to go. I think part of the "nesting" we ssc's do includes sewing. Love Ya Rach!

Jill Manning said...

Maren you are so right...my form of nesting was sewing. I can't tell you how many nursing covers I made those last few weeks. Rach, I can't wait to see the finished product of that quilt, what a fun idea! And the apron is adorable, I think you should keep it for yourself, but I'm greedy like that.

The McMillans said...

You look FABULOUS and I love the fabric for the emmeline. Fantastic work to you. And like I always say... PP before things. :0 (People and Pets.)

I hope that this means the nausia has subsided for you.

Claudia said...

I got a stupid question. What is Emmeline? I see the term all over the place, but I'm not exactly sure what makes an apron an Emmeline apron? BTW...I think you look great in that apron

Maren said...

Claudia, The Emmeline Apron is the name of the pattern used to create this specific apron. The designer Meg has different names for her patterns & this specific pattern is called Emmeline.

Abby Runyan said...

Ok guys, when do I get to come and partake of the the SSC!!! Seriosuly, what the heck you guys are awesome. I loved it ALL!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons