Monday, July 21, 2008

really creative SSC ladies

This thread catcher was made by Stacey. I think it is such a clever little device that I had to take a picture of it & post it. Stacey said it wasn't that easy to make, but it's a great idea and sure would make sewing & clean up a lot easier.

This is how it works. It just hangs off the side of your sewing desk & you throw all your thread & bits of whatever in it. My floor is usually covered with thread that either missed the garbage can or was just tossed on the floor for convenience sake. Anyway, I found a tutorial & pattern on how to make them in case anyone is interested. Just look here.


This blanket was made by Abbey and I am fortunate enough to be the recipient of it. It is the cutest blanket I've seen in a long time. Abbey claims it was easy enough to make, but looking at all the ribbon... I have my doubts as to what constitutes "easy" in Abbey's book.

This is a closeup on the ribbon she used. I love all the texture and variation on colors & widths that she used.

This is the reverse side. The colors are adorable and would go great for either a girl or a boy since we have yet to find out what I am having. I did find a tutorial for one, it's more of a simplified version, but if your interested in making one yourself... you can figure out the difference. Just click here.
I am amazed at the talent that surrounds us daily & in the most unexpected places. Who knew we'd be such kindred spirits or sewing like mad only a year ago. You guys are the best group of friends I've ever had and I'm so lucky to be a part of our little sewing club!

1 comment:

The Blakes said...

Is it selfish of me to want to quit my job so I have more time to sew and play with you girls? You are all such amazing, creative and talented women!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons