Friday, August 22, 2008

Tote Tutorials

Christmas is coming...only 124 days away! I know it's been on my mind a lot lately. Not only do I want the gifts we give to be cost effective, but I want them to be meaningful as well. Of course, since my recently acquired hobby is sewing I'd love to sew something up. Maren picked up this great Amy Butler weekender bag pattern and it got me to thinking about sewing up some totes for Christmas (I think that Amy Butler pattern will have to wait until I have a little bit more skill under my belt...zippers, piping, fusible webbing--oh my!).


So here are a few tutorials that look doable to me. And with the right fabric combos they could be downright snazzy! Click on the photo to go to the tutorial.

If you come across another great (and easy) tutorial please let me know!

3 comments:

Jill Manning said...

My sister made tote bags for all of us one year for Christmas and itw as the greatest gift. I use my bag all the time too...I think this is a great idea and you will do such a great job on them!

The Blakes said...

They look scary to me, but so did bias tape and interfacing for a long time. But they're so cute I really want to try! I think I can, I think I can....

Jennie said...

Thanks to the links for the tutorials. You could also find a bunch of free tutorials from jcarolinecreative here:

http://www.jcarolinecreative.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=JC&Screen=HOWTO

Also, I wanted to give a suggestion on the nursing cover tutorial that was posted previously. I've made and sold a few myself and have found that the strap should be sewn ONTO the ends of the boning. Just where the boning stops, but on top of the boning. This helps it to pop out MUCH better and will continue to pop out after several washings. Believe me, it does make a difference!

I'm a friend of Rachel's, and found this through her. I find your projects inspiring and fun to read about!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons