Wednesday, September 17, 2008

last pre-baby projects (I hope)

So I spent the last week painting the trim in my hallway. Doing laundry, dishes, mopping the floor - every time hoping it was my last... to no avail. So I've spent this week sewing. Hopefully these are my last aprons PB (pre-baby). Anyway, here they are for what it's worth.


This is a bridal shower gift for my baby sister (5 ruffle anniversary apron). For some reason I can give lingerie to sister-in-laws, friends, strangers - but my little baby sis? She still seems just 16 to me. So I made her an apron for her kitchen shower. I will let her friends get her skanky stuff. Notice the first bottom ruffle is lower on the left side? I decided it's not a flaw but a stylistic choice (and after unpicking it twice - I'd had my fill)...


side one: checks & polka dots


side two: cherries & polka dots. This apron is my ideal apron with the coveted cherry fabric. I made this Emmeline apron for my twin sister, Kelly. She is always doing so much for me & family in general - she threw me a wonderful shower in Utah, despite the fact she had 3 other major events that same weekend, she is the best and very deserving of my favorite apron style & fabric.


Lastly I finally hung this metal home decor pic I got from Hobby Lobby. I love the red ribbon, & it just goes in my sanctuary room. Hopefully the next you hear from me will be a hallelujah ode finally celebrating the birth of this LONG overly awaited baby.

5 comments:

Les said...

Gorgeous! I need to learn how to make the second apron you posted. I am still mastering the 5 ruffle design. Lots of family "orders" to keep me busy. I will say a prayer for a safe and speed delivery for you :)

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog! You are so talanted and come up with the most amazing fabrics and textures that look great together. The memory apron looks great. Your writing style makes your blog fun and interesting to read. The others in your apron club are lucky to have such a talented writer and seamstress.

The Blakes said...

Maren, did you write that last comment yourself? JUST KIDDING! I am in love with the gingham and cherries duo and may be a copycat...yet again!

jen said...

i found your blog through a friend's blog- i love that cherries apron you made! did you make it from a pattern? i am new to sewing and have also been looking for a cute apron...
also- i hope your delivery is smooth and an enjoyable experience! :)

Lacie E. said...

I have made my second apron now with your help and would love to share your web site on my blog. Is that ok? I am new to blogging and still don't know all of the rules. I couldn't have made these without your fantastic tutorial and I want to share it with my friends!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons