Saturday, January 24, 2009

a "civil rights" tea party

So, it's that time of year again. Time to have a party and celebrate all things girly. Because in my house we believe we have the "right" to host a "civil" tea party (since they get out of school anyway, right?)

For this occasion we got to make our own lunch & decorate mini cakes. Of course that meant I had to make 11 aprons to cover all their cute little dresses. Luckily over a year ago I went thift store hunting and found a big polk-a-dot sheet. I bought it not really sure why, but I'm so glad i did. It came in handy to make these cute aprons. I love repurposing fabric. It gives a new life to something with a history and it seems all green and stuff. I feel like I am doing my small part, and with the hobby I love the most, sewing!

Here is my neice Asia, modeling the "big girls" apron.

Myla is modeling the "little girls" apron. Then I made a special hostess apron (for Paige) that is a combination of the two. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of her in it. I will just have to post it another time.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

So when are we having a grown up tea party? Hmmm....I think I just found the Bunko theme for my next turn hosting.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons