Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Bed Pocket!

We don't have room for our nightstands in our room anymore and I have been wracking my brain trying to figure out a solution to our spacially challenged master bedroom. Than I found this tutorial and thought, "Self, you can do this. This is totally within you sewing ability." So off to Joanns I went in search for fabric that would perfect in our room. In the home decor section I found it and while watching 90210 and The Biggest Loser, I finished a pair of bed pockets.

I am in love with how they turned out and with the fabric. I can fit my book light (right now it is a huge mag lite but I will downsize when I can get to the bookstore) and Gone With The Wind (a 1000 page book). Ty is excited because he can put his gun in his. Have I mentioned lately that I married a closet red neck? Yuma brought it out in him and he can't suppress it like he used to. He wants me to get him this but a girl has to put her foot down at some point.
They really are super easy to make if you are looking for a simple yet fun solution to making a home for you books but can't squeeze in a night stand.
Here's another pic to get a closer look at it:

3 comments:

Maren said...

Jill please tell me that gun rack is a youtube farce. It is really disturbing. It's the correct height for a new baby learning to walk & pull herself up to a ginormous gun! Especially since babies put everything in their mouths... gun casings, bullets, or what have you. I could see Paige & James playing some crazy game that involves a gun right at the easiest possible place for a child to reach.... okay. I need to stop. I need some dirty picture or foul language on the internet to erase those disturbing images. YIKES!

Maren said...

the bed pocket is super cool & I really love your mag light. I use a baby mag. Let's hear it for WT book lights! I love the fabric it is fantastic!

Christie said...

I love this! You did a great job. I love that we can do something we love to create functional things for our daily life. That is my favorite part of sewing. They look great.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons