Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Montessori's Child Apron

Christie emailed this pattern to all of us last month (I think) and I finally got around to trying it out. I wasn't sold on the velcro and elastic components at first, but now I'm a believer. Ty wouldn't model for me, so these are the best pics I could get.

I added a chocolate ruffle on the bottom. I had other cute embellishments in mind, but JoAnn's didn't have any cupcake buttons or appliques that went with my fabric.
The elastic neck band wasn't hard at all. AndI love the sprinkles coordinating fabric. It is also on the revers side of the cupcake print.
The velcro was a little difficult to sew with my Geo Metro model of a sewing machine, but it's a great idea for little kids!

I loved it so much that I've already cut out a second one from the same fabric. I'm giving this one away, but I think I'll make Brooke one and stash it away for a few years. Thanks for the link Christie!

3 comments:

Jill Manning said...

I am so glad that you did this one, I have been curious to see how it would turn out and it really is as convenient and kid friendly as the pattern claimed. You will have to help me when I make one someday. And I LOVE the fabric, a little bit of sprinkles can go a long way!!

Christie said...

So cute! I love the cupcakes and it looks like the elastic and velcro turned out great!

Sarah C said...

i LOVE the idea of velcro!

I made an apron for my niece for when we cook but I have to tie it on her and untie it for her each time.

While it really isnt that big of a deal I am all for kids doing things on their own...and velcro would make it so she could put her own apron on!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons