Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My New Obsession

In the past two days I've made 4 pairs of baby shoes and 6 matching applique onesies. Where did I find time to do that? My sweet, sweet husband was able to come home from school early yesterday. He told me to sew while he cleaned the mess of papers we have gathering upstairs. I thought about it for about one-tenth of a second and took him up on his offer. I was able to sew for a whole afternoon, mostly uninterrupted. It felt good.
I LOVE making these things. They are so fun!
The brown butterfly set for Baby Brooke.
The purple flower set for Baby Elsie.
This is the set I made for Gavin. I stopped by Zoe's real fast to grab a couple of fat quarters of sweet boy fabric. I still have enough to do at least another set. These seriously take hardly any fabric at all. You got scraps? Make baby shoes. I played around with these shoes a little bit to see if I could eliminate the bunchiness. I think I finally figured out a good way to do it so there isn't so much bunching. Maybe I'll do a tutorial someday. Yeah, someday...


This particular applique almost made me pull out my hair this morning. I didn't realize how tough it'd be to stitch around the elephant and his ear. But I kinda like him. He's a sweet little elephant. :)

7 comments:

Jill Manning said...

Oh my gosh, I love the fabric you got at Zoes, and that elephant couldn't get any sweeter! Great job Christie, I love the outfit for Elsie. She showed it off at the grocery store and post office today...with a lot of pride too!

Maren said...

the picture does not do the elephant or the baby justice. You should have zoomed in on the elephant. I love the sweet crazy stitching. It's what makes it unique and not manufactured.

Rachel said...

I adore Brooke's newest outfit! Thanks for sharing your talent with us!

Krista said...

I found a tutorial for these shoes the other day but they all feature girls. Thank you for featuring a boy style and the matching onesie! I love it, and hope to make one or five this weekend for my nephew!

the Picketts said...

if only i had a little girl...:)

Christie said...

Krista - I know! I have a little girl and find tons of things to sew for her, but very little for my boys. I'm so glad I found something to make for my baby boy. Now what to do for the 4 year old?

Beka - Yes, if only you had a baby girl...better get on that. :)

Prairie Girl said...

Happened across your blog and LOVE it! You don't happen to have a tut for those baby shoes, do you?

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons