Thursday, February 19, 2009

sundress pattern - simple & gorgeously free


Amy at Habitual Creature of Habit created this adorable sundress. I know the rest of the USA is like, are you serious? a sundress? really. But here in the Valley of the Sun it is in the high 70's which translates to Spring (even though yours is still a couple months away) let's not forget that our summer lasts for 6 months and Paige wears nothing in the summer except sundresses. So this is actually perfect timing for me to get started. I've decided to make one for Paige out of a pink mushroom print and one for Abbey out of the red fairy tale fabric that I recently won. Yahoo! Here is a link to Amy's wonderful sundress pattern that she's graciously blessed the sewing world with.
+
This is the Sundress done in wool for all you cold weather birds.

7 comments:

Jill Manning said...

What a great idea to make it out of wool and put it over a long sleeved shirt. If only it got cold enough here to justify wearing it. But I love the sun dress, I think I shall make one for Elsie, oh what fun! THanks for sharing Maren.

MooreMagnets said...

What a cute sundress! Great blog too! I have been scrolling through the posts and you are amazing! Such great things! I can't wait to see everything else!

I think you have just inspired me to dust off my sewing machine.

kristi lee said...

Thanks for posting this...LOVE it! I took the idea and turned it into an apron and it was so easy. Thanks for all the great inspiration.

habitual said...

Thank you for the link, I hope everyone enjoys the patterns! The sundress is so quick and simple. It's aaaaalmost spring, right? Right? Not too soon to think of sundresses? :)

naomi said...

beautiful, i have to make one for my little girl when she starts to walk

Charity said...

I have been looking for something simple for easter for my daughter that I can put a long sleeve shirt under. PERFECT!

Danielle said...

what kind of foot on the machine are you using?

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons