Friday, March 27, 2009

The Happy Stacker

(I know I posted this already on my personal blog but I thought it was appropriate for this one as well. Don't think me vain, okay?)
I know I have been a slacker on the blog lately but I promise I have not been a slacker when it comes to being crafty. Along with cranking out half a dozen nursing covers, baby shower gifts and of course aprons, I wanted to make Elsie her very own Happy Stackers using this pattern from Heather Bailey.

How cute is this?!?! As soon as I understood what the directions were asking of me, it went pretty quickly and wasn't as intimidating as I thought it was going to be. And she actually plays with them so that means I was victorious!!! Here are a few pics to show off my hard work (as with most things I make, especially the fist time around, don't look too closely):


The fabric is Amy Butler and I just about died at the fabric store when I saw them all together in a bin. They needed a good project and good home and I am so happy I got to provide that for them. Elsie will give them the love and attention they deserve.
I wish I was better at stuffing things, they always come out so lumpy and uneven but good news, I finally learned how to slip stitch. By the last ring, I was really good at it. Overall, a very doable project and one I will do again for gifts. Thanks Heather Bailey and Amy Butler for the adorable fabric!

5 comments:

Katie said...

So cute, wonderful job!

I've been eye-ing this pattern since it came out, but my boys are too old now. I wish I had more baby showers!

Christie said...

So cute Jill! Great job. I think you did a great job. And that fabric is beautiful. I'm sure Elsie will really enjoy them!

the Picketts said...

it turned out so adorable, like all other Jill- projects...and i'm glad sweet Elsie loves to play with it! She's truly got her mama in her--(loving fabric and only cute toys:)

Domestic Designer said...

That is the cutest thing I have seen in a long time! Now I have the perfect baby shower gift. Thanks!
I love the Amy Butler fabric you used. Perfect!

niKKi said...

I want some for Seth, Oh soooo cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons