Thursday, March 19, 2009

Such a sweet purse!

For a while now I have been eyeing this purse pattern from Heather Bailey.

Again with the red and yellow and the fabric flower...I think this is what started it all for me! But I am a little intimidated by the pattern and with the thought of sewing something besides aprons. I think aprons are a security blanket for me. But than I was surfing on One Pretty Thing and found a tutorial for an equally adorable and less intimidating purse. It is the buttercup bag from Made By Rae and she was able to do it with just two fat quarters...LOVE IT!!! I think I may just dive into this one and using the free tutorial I found for those adorable fabric flowers and I could be the happiest girl on the block!!

2 comments:

Christie said...

I think you should do it! It will turn out beautiful. And I love that pleated purse tutorial. I've been eyeing it as well. I know you can do it!

Julie said...

So did you do it? I was looking at this tutorial as well and finally did it. I am just getting ready to make my second one, it was so fun I had to do it again :o)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons