Saturday, March 14, 2009

wearing art...



What would it be like to wear artwork? I think it would be a lot like wearing one of these peices. Aren't they amazing?
I could definitely see myself in this... this is amazing. Doesn't their model have the prettiest neck & skin. It's so delicate (stop. I'm not having a Twilight moment. I don't day dream about Edward or my life as a vampire... now the Goblin King (aka David Bowie) - that's a whole different story)

Isn't this a gorgeous necklace. Have you ever seen anything like it? Can you believe that someone crocheted it? or maybe there is a better word for it... the knitting realm is a whole new undiscovered world to me.
And a ring?... amazing.

This is my last favorite. If you want to see more, or you are a vampire and David Bowie does nothing for you - check out this Etsy site. Their called, "Irregular Expressions" and they are physically located in Istanbul (do you even know where that is? I had to look it up) I found their stuff located off a wish list of Heather Leigh from To the Nine's (she has simple and elegant jewelry) - ohhhh, I'm in love with wearable art.

Update: I had to post this here as well in case you are not a comment reader, this is an email that was sent to be by the daughter (Aysegul) of this mother/daughter team...

Hi Maren,

I apologize that I could not answer your message before, it was an extremely busy week. I just got the chance to check the messages.

I have seen your blog, loved it, full of inspiration and we are dying to try some recipes, and thank you so much for the blog post. It is my favorite blog post about our shop so far. More about us; All our creations belong to my mother and I am the model, photographer of her work, handle the shop, etc. And we live in Turkey :)

You can check out our photos here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/irregexp

Thank you very much for the lovely compliments and the blog post! Many thanks!!! Wishing you happiness and lots of luck.

Best, 
Aysegul

(Isn't she the nicest girl ever? Not only creative & hard working - but super nice! That's a rarity now days. I wish them all the success in the world)

4 comments:

Jill Manning said...

Come one Maren, you know the song, "Istanbul, was Constantinople, now its Istanbul, not Constantinople...been a long time gone. Constantinople now its a Turkish delight on a moonless night...why did constantinople get the works? THat's nobodies business but the Turks." They might be Giants...gotta love those guys! Just as much as you have got to love this art, I love the last one as well. Oh to be talented like that!!

Maren said...

How could I forget TMBG? But the song doesn't point out where Turkey is, I knew it was somewhere Eastern Europe-ish? I apologize for my ignorance. Carmen SanDiego would be horrified by my geographically challenged mind. I did get an email from Irregular Expressions, can they be any nicer? I want to visit Turkey someday (oh yeah and Japan so I can buy cool fabric) - Here is the email I got:

Hi Maren,

I apologize that I could not answer your message before, it was an extremely busy week. I just got the chance to check the messages.

I have seen your blog, loved it, full of inspiration and we are dying to try some recipes, and thank you so much for the blog post. It is my favorite blog post about our shop so far. More about us; All our creations belong to my mother and I am the model, photographer of her work, handle the shop, etc. And we live in Turkey :)

You can check our photos here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/irregexp/

Thank you very very much for the lovely compliments and the blog post! Many thanks!!!
Wishing you happiness and lots of luck.

Best,
Aysegul

Christie said...

Wow! Those are definitely works of art. Beautiful!

Aunt Pitty Pat's Fun said...

I love these they are so creative and fun.. wonderful use of yarn and other items.. What fun!!!
M

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons