Thursday, April 9, 2009

Binger

I've decided I'm a binge sewer. Either I do a ton at one time, or I don't do any at all. I think it has to do with getting the sewing stuff out. I hate getting it out and putting it away, so if I have it out I want to do as much as I can. (I am dreaming about the day I have a sewing room!) Last night I didn't go to bed until well after 4am. I was sewing and watching rerun of That 70's Show and listening to the "ghetto bird" hunt for criminals outside. Is this healthy? Probably not. Today I am loading up on Coke. But it's the only time I can sew without Gavin at my feet pushing the foot peddle for me and eating bits of fabric, or Cade and Myla wanting to "help". So here is what I was able to accomplish in the wee hours of the night:
I think this is my favorite fabric combo ever. Well, it's in the top 5, that's for sure. It's so hard to choose just one anymore. It's reversible. I was trying to come up with some kind of scoop neck apron with thin ties to tie up around the neck.

I call this next apron Rock Star. I love this guitar fabric. I found it at Mulqueens on Val Vista and Main. They are having a great fabric sale right now, if you guys are interested. They have lots of Michael Miller stuff. You just have to look for it.
This next one actually came about because I had a bunch of weird shaped pieces of fabric left over and this was the only apron I could really cut out of it. I love this fabric. I wish I could remember the name of it because I'd probably order more. Well, it's probably good that I don't remember the name of it then.

Okay well, I'm off to wrangle the kiddos. Unfortunately, there is no mercy for the mom who chooses to go to bed way past her bedtime. :)

These are for sale at The Secret Stitch Shop.

3 comments:

beckilove said...

Those are all gorgeous! Very nice job! And I totally understand about trying to get as much done as you can without "help"! : )

the Picketts said...

oh my gosh christie, YOU are one fire! those are all so adorable! i love all teh combinations, esp. the rockstar one...too cute:) i wish i could buy them all.

Lewis said...

You are so talented. I love the rockstar apron! Oh, and I heard the bird last night too? Did you hear the gunshots!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons