Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Does This Go?

I've always been a little envious of people who have the gift of combining totally unmatched fabrics to create something that looks really fabulous. So, I've decided to step outside my comfort zone and start combining fabrics that are not from the same fabric line and sitting right next to each other on the rack. This was my first try. I stopped by Zoe's for their sale and found this great fabric for $4/yard. I walked around the store for at least an hour trying to find something that perfectly matched the green or teal. I finally decided to just buy it and see what I had at home. Now, I realize I'm not moving any mountains by choosing the black and white polka dot to go with it, but I'm taking baby steps here. :)

I'm so tempted to keep this one. It'd match my lime green and black polka dot kitchen that I'm hoping to have someday. Maybe this one can make some other mama happy for Mother's Day. It's going on Etsy. (Just a reminder about the Secret Stitch Shop...FREE shipping until May 15th. Mother's day is less than 2 weeks away!)

Speaking of Mother's day...I'm having some major road blocks here. What do you get the mom that you've already made a couple of aprons AND bags for. I mean, not everyone wants a ton of aprons like we do. (I know, crazy but true.) I don't even have to make it...I just need ideas on what to get. Any ideas out there?!

10 comments:

The MacMizzles said...

I'm in love...yeah, what do we get our mothers..?

Jill Manning said...

You did a great job with the fabric combos, you are becoming quite the matchy-matcherson Christie. And as for mother's day presents, 2 words...gift cards! At least it works for my mom, she loves them!

Megan said...

um...have you seen my aprons? LOL. They are so not from the same fabric line! :)

You did great! keep it going sista!

Jeannette said...

I totally love the color contrast! Looks FABULOUS!

Domestic Designer said...

I love the color combo! It looks great!

Christie said...

Megan, you are my inspiration when combining fabrics! You are who I was thinking about when doing this. :)

Megan said...

aww thanks! you are so sweet! (or really good at buttering me up- ha!)

Roni said...

I absolutely LOVE it!!!

~D Spack~ said...

My daughter wants a full size apron. She thinks this one is very cute. Did you sell it? Is it a pattern? I could make one for her,we are looking on blogs for a tutorial. She wants a full apron. Thanks.

thatsastitch said...

I love the combination you used. They look great together.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons