Thursday, April 9, 2009

Purses



I love free tutorials online. I'm new to sewing so I'm always searching for something quick and easy. I managed these purses and feel quite confident that anyone can do this if I did.

Jill posted earlier about the Buttercup bag found here on Made By Rae's blog. This is for both the white and yellow bags. I also used Jill's post about fabric flowers by The High Heeled Mama on the white bag. I loved this bag because it only uses two fat quarters, which I stocked up on when they were on sale.

The pink bag, modeled by my handsome husband, was found at Jcaroline Creative. It's a bit bigger, and was more difficult for me.

I found more purse tutorials online and am excited to try them as well, but I think I may tackle an apron next. Eeek.

6 comments:

Jill Manning said...

Way to go Jessie. I just finished the Buttercup bag as well, I need to post pics of it. You did a fantastic and can't wait to see them up close! Especially, the fabric flowers, yeah! Good luck with the apron, you will do great!

Jennie said...

Making purses is sew much fun! If you are making purses already, you're good! I was too scared to do that for awhile. But I too, did the same jcaroline one (as my first purse actually). Here's a link to see it:

http://whitingfamily.blogspot.com/2008/07/sew-busy.html

Colleen said...

Thank for the links to the tutorial. I like this site because it helps me see some of the fun stuff that is out there.

Christie said...

Jessie those purses are awesome! I can't wait to see them in person. Look at you go. You are on fire!

Pam said...

Great job on the bags. I just found your blog and love it. :)

Casey said...

Great job Jess! I'm amazed at how quickly you are learning all of this sewing. I'm very proud of you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons