Tuesday, April 14, 2009

There's Always Next Year


I love the idea of an heirloom Easter basket. I loved Easter growing up when I saw my good ol' trusty basket filled to the rim with goodies and fake grass. But now I am an adult and have to think about adult things like, "Where do you store an Easter basket that you only use once a year and is so awkwardly shaped?" Well, I think I have found the solution and it is too adorable!! I mean look at how darling that fabric basket is! And bonus, there is a free tutorial so that you can make one for yourself, and for the kiddos of course. For some reason, I can see me making Ty hide the Easter eggs so that I can find them with the kids too, seeking is so much more fun than hiding...maybe I'm not such the adult I thought I was. Anywho, go to the Pink Penguin to get the tutorial. What a great way to use up all those fabric scrapes. This project is totally doable. Oh, and storing these baskets will not be a problem at all.

4 comments:

Prairie Girl said...

oh I LOVE this! And look at that bunny fabric! Next year is right!!

What a great blog you gals have. Will return often :)

Julie said...

this is by far one of my favorite things I have seen today!! I just packed up three easter basket awkwardly into a too small off box yesterday, handles sticking out and flaps tapes annoyingly together to try to keep all other easter decor from falling out... I am definitely making these next year!!!

the Picketts said...

seriously jill, you read my mind, this is the exact reason, my poor boys use ghetto groceries bag to collect their eggs....they really only care about the treats anyways, but still, i hate storing awkward shaped things like baskets:) good find!

Rachel said...

I wish I would have seen this before I bought baskets this year! But I may make one (or more) anyway. So cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons