Friday, April 17, 2009

Twirly Skirty girl

I've been meaning to make Myla a little skirt for awhile. Long ago I bought this cute patchwork fabric from Hobby Lobby with a skirt in mind. I found this great twirly skirt tutorial and knew it'd be quick and easy (my favorite). The other day I saw this great rosette tank tutorial from Grace Violet (my new blog crush) and thought it'd be a perfect pairing. I love the results. And best of all, it only took one sewing night to do it...maybe 2 hours at the most.

Myla pretending to be shy when we all know the truth. :)
The little rosette. I think I might add another one, just for the fun of it.
The skirt. It's a little long on her, but with the way this girl is sprouting it'll be too short next week. :) Okay, maybe next month.

Putting the twirly skirt to the test.

8 comments:

Jill Manning said...

I'm not kidding you Christie, that skirt and tank combo is just too cute. One of the cutest outfits I have seen in a long time! And Myla wears it so well! I love how it all turned out.

The MacMizzles said...

Um,...when will you be opening up your own designer store? And making fabric...seriously, your taste is impeccable.

the Picketts said...

cant believe how fast you put that together, super cute! and she looked so adorable in it today:)

Maren said...

look at that cute tums... of course the skirt is cute - just not nearly as cute as the girl.

Linda said...

I have been looking for a skirt pattern (how to) to make my 6 year old granddaughter a skirt. Thanks so much. I'm following your blog. Linda

http://twosucculentsisters.blogspot.com/

Jessie Lewis said...

It looks so great on her! Love the fabric.

niKKi said...

I love it Christie, I have been wanting to do skirts so bad for Karsyn. Myla looks adorable!

Jaime said...

Hi Ladies!
First off, this is just the greatest site. I love that all of you girls put you stuff together and everything you make is just to stinkin' cute!
I have a blog called The Dress-up Drawer and we are doing a giveaway in August promoting stay at home creative women and everything in the giveaway will be handmade! I thought this might be right up your alley! I was just wondering if one or all of you fantastic ladies would like to be a part of our giveaway. My sister is Julie, from Leelou blogs, and through her blog I get TONZ of traffic.
Let me know, thanks so much!
Jaime

www.TheDressUpDrawer.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons