Thursday, June 11, 2009

making dolls with dolls

Yesterday I got to watch my cousins' girls. They are great ages for sewing/painting projects (meaning their attention span is longer then 20 minutes). It was fun that I didn't have to do it all either. This was a team project in every sense. 
Asia is almost 8 and Macey is 9 (perfect ages to begin the madness). They cut out the doll patterns. Sewed the coats and dresses. I painted the faces and shoes, but they stained the bodies. 
I had the boa and pearls on hand from another project, so everything was here that we needed. We had to invest some time in it, but they were so dedicated it wasn't a problem.

Didn't they turn out great? It not only built up the girls confidence in their abilities to create something, but they will love these dolls because they got to make them. If anyone wants the pattern, email me and I will send it to you -  maren_buchanan [at] yahoo [dot] com.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Looove it!!! : )

Mindy said...

Wow! they did a fantastic job!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons