Thursday, June 11, 2009

sundresses


Thanks Jessie for getting everyone motivated to make sundresses. I love finding brilliant ideas on the internet, but I hate it when I put them away mentally to do "some time" and never get around to them. Since Jessie made a sundress for Maddie - the fire has been relit and since Myla had a birthday it was a good excuse to peruse my fabric stash and whip something up.

I took the "slacker mom" way out and instead of making a tie, I used thick ribbon.

To make up for my "slacker mom" ways I added some trim to the bottom. I didn't want to hem, so I used bias tape. I didn't want to worry about my stitches so I covered them with rick rack and added the ribbon peaking out from underneath to coordinate with the tie. 

I was on a roll (and these suckers are so easy to make) I made 2 for Abbey & one for Paige. Paige wants to be a twinner with Ab's but isn't sure about the bagginess of the dress (if only I could wear a tent without people thinking I'm maternity and get away with it) but she promised to give it a try. I might be turning it into a skirt with an applique tank before too long if she refuses to wear it (the fabric is too cute to abandon)... thanks Amy for the great idea!

2 comments:

Domestic Designer said...

Really cute! Great job!

Rebecca said...

Adorable! You did great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons