Friday, August 7, 2009

First Day of School Dress

Last night I whipped up a little halter dress for my daughter's first day of preschool on Monday...(pause to wipe away a tear). I used Simplicity 5531 for a pattern. On the front of the pattern it said "Easy to Sew" and this time it was actually true! I did it in about an hour, after cutting it out. We had a little photo shoot, which she loves. She does lots of twirling, which makes it hard to get a good pic. :)

I made some bias tape out of the red and white polka dot fabric and sewed it around the bottom. You can only see a peek of it in these pics. I like the way it finished off the dress.
I'm in love with making these fabric flowers right now. I've put them on everything I've made in the past month.

I love halter dresses on little girls. Their little shoulders are so sweet!

My little thumbsucker. I don't see her kicking that habit anytime soon. And I'm okay with that...for now. :)

6 comments:

Jill Manning said...

Oh my gosh, Christie that dress is adorable and I love the fabric that you chose. And what a fantastic model.

Lisa said...

The dress is so sweet and she is adorable!

j&jwebbfamily said...

That dress is so adorable. I can't wait to see it in person. She is going to be one stylish girl in my class. : )

Abigail said...

You are very talented. Myla is a beautiful little girl. Christie you amaze me at the things that you create.

susana said...

She is adorable ...dress was looking so cute ...Fantastic design...really you have very good talent ...
___________________
susana
Naton wide cash is easy and fast

Jeanette said...

oh that is so adorable, and quite a cute model too! Thanks for sharing!
sweetjeanette.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons