Friday, August 21, 2009

In the spirit of all things Aubrey (okay and baby related)

When Aubrey & I did our bag swap in Utah (far from the maddening crowd - sniff, sniff). We made a "mommy playdate" out of it. We got salads at Cafe Rio, went to a cool park in PG, UT, and then up to my mom's house to play on Jason's big blowup slide. The exchange took a couple minutes, but the fun lasted all day. Here's what I made.


This Buttercup bag from Made by Rae was made from repurposed material. The interior was made from a sheet and the exterior from a bag that lived a long flashy life.



I added the bow because I'm not so great on the flower thing yet...


The second bag I made was kind of the reverse. Lime green with black interior.



and the bow. I couldn't decide which one to give her. She loved them both so much so I let her have both. Aubs said she was planning on spreading the SSC love by giving one of the bags to her sis! Yeah.


My Utah trip involved A LOT of sewing. This is a nursing cover I made for my lil' sis Megan. It's the lime green tiger stripe with a brown polka-dot accent.

She requested a baby sling. This was my first time making one of these. I found the tutorials were more confusing then actually helpful. I think I might have to make another one just to create a decent tutorial.

Here is a cell phone/ipod holder I included. It Velcro's on so you can remove it if it is not needed.


And lastly my big fat and sassy Abbey trying it out like she is the Queen of Sheba (and she is)

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

OMG! You did a fantastic job with all of that! I love the fabric combos!!

Jill Manning said...

I am in LOVE with the zebra print fabric and all that you did with it. I am super impressed with the cell phone holder on the sling, very creative Maren! You are so stinkin talented!

Heidi said...

Wow, it all looks so great! YOu did such a great job! I hope you do make tutorial because I get lost on some I see!

Brooke said...

I agree with you on the confusing tutorials. If you can, I would LOVE to see how you made your sling.

Renee said...

I am super impressed with the cell phone holder on the sling, very creative!!! You are so stinkin talented! really its a great idea thanks for sharing...
--
Reenee
Professional Monitering security systems for Homes, Offices & Appartments

The MacMizzles said...

I love my bags...and I loved hanging out with you. Thank you again for the great bags, I love love love them.

Christie said...

I love both of the bags. I would have a hard time choosing between them too! And the baby stuff looks great. I love the lime green and brown combo. Very nice Maren!

the Picketts said...

LOVE them all Maren-- good job! i love the bow on the 1st bag- super cute!Lucky girl got 2 adorable bags!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons