Friday, August 28, 2009

Material Girl

I saw these black and white striped leggings at Target and knew exactly what I wanted to do with them. I sewed up a simple black and white polka dot skirt and added a tulle ruffle. She's my little 80's Material Girl. I love it! Madonna would be proud. At least, 25 years ago she would've been. (By the way, did you guys ever watch Who's That Girl? I used to watch it over and over and over again. I wanted Madonna's wardrobe. I'm going to have to Netflix that.)I'm kinda in love with tulle right now. It's so much easier than I thought to work with. When wanting to put a ruffle of tulle on a garment all you have to do is scrunch the tulle as you sew. It goes a little something like this: scrunch tulle, sew over it, pause, scrunch tulle, sew over it, etc. I didn't know that so I thought I'd share it so you can enjoy the pleasures of tulle too. :)

Myla actually wanted to sleep in her skirt tonight. She never does that. She's kinda particular about jammies...she must wear them to bed. Nothing else. So I take it as a compliment from her that she wanted to sleep in it.

5 comments:

Jill Manning said...

Christie, that skirt is so stinkin cute I think I want one for me. I can't get over it!!! That skirt screams Myla. I can't wait for Elsie to be walking (oh wait, maybe I can) so that I can make her this skirt and than she and Myla can be twinners.

j&jwebbfamily said...

Super cute. I've been wanting to do that too with tulle now I think I can do that!
I saw those super cute leggings at Target and wanted every color for Tatum, I must get them soon. : )

The MacMizzles said...

one word:perfect.

Josh and Amber Wilkins said...

I love your blog and look at it often! That skirt you made is so stinkin cute, but I'm a beginner at sewing and need step by step instructions. Would you share how you did it?

Christie said...

I would love to do a tutorial. I'll do it in the next week or so. Thanks for asking!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons