Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Sunshiny Day

I have been holding onto this Sandi Henderson fabric for over a year now, not knowing how I wanted to use it. I love this fabric! Just some ordinary apron wouldn't do. (I know, blasphemous.) And then, one night as I was desperately trying to fall asleep, I just knew what I wanted to do with it...I wanted one of Jill's famous Anne (with an E) apron styles with a small black and white polka dot for the straps and ties. So I struck a deal with Jill that if she would make me this apron I'd sew her the gathered market bag she had commented that she wanted. Isn't it beautiful? (Really, I think I got the better end of the bargain.) I couldn't be happier. I love it! Thank you Jill!
I'm going for the carefree, happy day, spinning in circles pose. It doesn't work for me. The happiness is genuine though!

4 comments:

Jessie Lewis said...

I think I need one of these Anne with an E aprons. I think they are so adorable. Maybe I should make a goal in life to remember to wear my current aprons more so I can justify having another. (And that fabric is extra cute).

the Picketts said...

its adorable lucky christie! good job Jill! how much chocolate would it take to trade for an apron jill:)??

Jill Manning said...

I would have paid money to have seen that last picture taken from the perspective of your neighbors who were probably watching out their front windows wondering what you were up to. I bet they miss seeing the body form hanging around. I am so glad that I could make it for you Christie. Thank you for trusting me with your adorable fabric. And I'm still waiting for the perfect fabric to jump out at me for the bag but when it does, I'm coming to you!!!

Jill Manning said...

I would have paid money to have seen that last picture taken from the perspective of your neighbors who were probably watching out their front windows wondering what you were up to. I bet they miss seeing the body form hanging around. I am so glad that I could make it for you Christie. Thank you for trusting me with your adorable fabric. And I'm still waiting for the perfect fabric to jump out at me for the bag but when it does, I'm coming to you!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons