Friday, December 18, 2009

Casey's Christmas Present!



I'm finally finished! After many long hours I completed my first quilt. It's definitely no sight for a perfectionist. I used this site for my reference, but ended up winging a lot of because I was too lazy to figure out the correct way to do things. But I'm so excited to give it to my husband; I know he'll love and appreciate the hard work.

I cut up about 20 or so t-shirts and cut strips from three "coordinating" fabrics to make 17" squares. I used a light-weight interfacing on the t-shirt material to make sewing easier. I used a thinner batting and I bought a flat sheet for the back side, and used a double fold quilt binding around the edges. I didn't tie the quilt; just machine sewed through most of the quilt to keep in place. I would definitely invest or borrow a rotary cutter if I attempt a quilt again.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I think it looks great! We love our t shirt quilts!

Christie said...

I love it Jessie! That's a lot hard work and you made it look wonderful. Casey will love it!

Maren said...

I would love to hear what he had to say when he saw it. You did such a fabulous job!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons