Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Easter time

I love this time of year: the weather, the smell of orange blossoms, the Easter decor, and the Easter dresses! Now that I sew I love it even more. I start thinking of what I'm going to make long before Easter is here. This year I decided to try a dress with a zipper. I won't say that I love my work. I need to practice putting in more zippers. But if you look at the dress from the front it's not bad. :) I love this fabric from the Lotus line from Amy Butler. I bought it from Above All Fabric. I get most of the fabric I buy online from there. I have been nothing but thrilled with the service.


The kiddos in all their coordinating glory. :)

Myla. Her dress is made from Simplicity's Project Runway 2460.

I made a matching headband and flower. This is my new favorite way to do flowers. So easy and fun. I'm planning on making a few for me too! (Tutorial coming!)

Cade. For the boys' ties I bought the tie pattern from Make It and Love It.

Gavin

4 comments:

Sweet Fuchsia said...

So adorable!

Maren said...

Myla is so adorable. I love her hair... it might not have been intentional, but she is a knockout with it. You did such a GREAT job and I love that the ties match. You cute little matchie matchie family. The thing is that the skirt isn't too much so you could make an A-line skirt that matches and it would look adorable. Pretty soon we are going to be the club that sew matching clothes for moms and daughters. I love it!

Bridget said...

I love it! I really need to get brave and try to make a tie, yours turned out adorable.

Aubrey said...

I want that headband!!!! That is not fair not at all. :) I am so impressed with all of your creations. You truly have gone above and beyond!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons