Monday, March 8, 2010

This is what a Disney dork does in her spare time

Edith twirl skirt... I love you and here is my homage to being girly, twinners with your baby sis, polka dots, and a shout out to my girl Minnie Mouse!

James wanted shorts (in my head I'm seeing lederhosen and thinking... maybe not) - So I compromised and decided to make a shirt for him instead. Thanks to mypartyfile.com - I used a Mickey template they created for invitations and it worked great!! 

I used the same template for Paige's shirt. I found the bow template here (from Earthangel Creations). I cut off the ties and it worked perfectly. 

For Abbey's shirt I shrunk the template and bow by 30% and it turned out wonderful. A little fusible webbing, sew... sew... sew on my machine and viola! 

Two little cuties ready for some Disney fun!

5 comments:

jona said...

Oh my goodness!! Those are darling and what a fun way to dress up for Disney!!! I'm THRILLED that you love the skirt pattern...thank you so much!!

Jessica said...

Oh, I love that Mickey Mouse one! I want to make one tonight :)

Christie said...

You're my favorite Disney dork ever. You did a fantastic job! I bet you gave Minnie and Mickey a run for their money at D-land.

Jessie Lewis said...

You make me want to be a Disney Dork.

Jill Manning said...

I'm in love! Maren every single turned out so darling. I hope they were the belle of the ball at Disneyland. And thank you for giving the percentages that you shrunk and expanded the templates, I can never figure that stuff out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons