Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Jump Rope Dress

 
Posted by Picasa

Hi. My name is Jill Manning and I am addicted to all things Oliver + S. Seriously, it is becoming an issue but when all their clothes turn out this adorable, it is so hard to resist.
I discovered them through my new blog crush, The Night Knitter. I want to hang out with the Night Knitter so that hopefully her adorable style will rub off on me. She has made all of her daughter's school clothes (she has a uniform code of some sort) using, for the most part, Oliver + S patterns. I can't believe I am jealous of this little girls wardrobe. I am quickly becoming jealous of Elsie's since I have started using Oliver + S. It is very Anthropology meets The Gap. I know, swoon!!!
One of the things I love about these patterns is that all the clothes are finished so beautifully. It takes a little bit of extra work to figure out the instructions (which are so perfectly written and illustrated) but it is so worth it considered how clean and professional everything looks in the end. The only exposed seams of an entire outfit are the side seams and shoulder seams, everything else is encased and not necessarily with bias tape or french seams. I am just so impressed with these patterns.
I have my eye's set on their Music Class Blouse and Skirt pattern:

and their Birthday Party Dress:

5 comments:

Christie said...

I'm speechless Jill! It is so cute! Elsie looks adorable. You did a fantastic job. Those Oliver + S patterns are so adorable. I think my next pattern investment will be in the music class blouse and skirt. I love it!

Scott and Jenna said...

Oh my! Adorable! Someday (soon) when I quit my job, I hope I'll have time to relearn to sew and make cute things like you :)

Jeanne said...

The dress looks great. Wow! I've never known someone to have a blog crush on me. I am oh so flattered ;)

Jessie Lewis said...

That is the CUTEST dress ever! I want one!

Slipstitches said...

Verrry Cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons