So I've been working on a children's smock pattern. The one I made for the giveaway - I wasn't entirely in love with. I made some more alterations and I think I'm really liking this pattern.angel devilina.
I literally went through my scrap box and "cut and pasted"some bits of fabric together. This is what I came up with. I closed them with velcro, but I think if you added a couple ties in the back it could easily be a summer top. It's sew nice to use scraps especially when you hate to throw away smaller pieces of perfectly good material. I think I might make a couple for etsy and a few for a silent auction at our church in a few weeks.
This is the back. I don't love the bias tape on this one (it was a touch too big) but it was left over from a bath apron I made a few months back. I think I will have to do a tutorial and post my finished patterns for all of you to use. Sew much scrappy fun!