Sunday, May 23, 2010

Birthday Crafting

My little girl had her second birthday. Sniff. For months we had be excited for her "Madeline" themed party. I used the Simplicity pattern 2674 for a Madeline dress. The napkin labels, goodie bag labels, invitations, welcome sign were all done in Illustrator. I made the banner from fat quarters and the letters are felt. For the cake, I printed a picture of Madeline and then traced it with piping gel onto wax paper. I then transfered the image onto the cake and used frosting tips and my finger to color in the areas. The cake pop recipe can be found here.
I was talking to my husband on the way home from the party, and telling him how sad I was the party was over. I'd been so excited for so long, and Maddie has been SOOO excited as well. We'll just have to find more reasons to have awesome parties.

5 comments:

Jill Manning said...

Jessie, I am speachless. Everything was done to perfection. I love that you found an identical matching dress for your little Maddie and the CAKE...oh my gosh that cake! You are a rockstar Jessie!

Maren said...

wow! wow! wow! I LOVE the party. What a wonderful party. You are super mom and an overachiever and I want to grow up and be you someday. You amaze me!

cribs said...

I like the party and all the cute stuff there! And the cake is stunning.

Casey said...

You did such a fantastic job with the party Jess. Everything turned out perfectly and everything was amazing. You are talented my dear!

Anonymous said...

Hello i was wondering lease if you could tell me how you made the attern around the writing, i have been looking all over the internet on how to make these but with no luck i have tried drawing them in illustrator but am having no luck either.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wear Your Love for Aprons